Decisions taken on new K2 projects
On the basis of the evaluation, the Board of Directors of K2 decided on 3 May 2017 on nine project sketches offered to move on to step two.
Project sketches that will go on:
- Procurement, follow-up and competition in public transport: a proposal to increase knowledge for better contract design and passenger transport
Project leader: Andreas Vigren, VTI
- Public transport markets beyond contract: market analysis, public service obligations, procurement and commercial initiatives
Project leader: Alexander Paulsson, VTI
- Impact of public transport - empirical studies of accessibility to equal opportunities in local and regional development
Project leader: Helena Bohman, Malmö University
- How can public transport contribute to accessibility and social justice? A study of the mobility of marginalized groups in Swedish metropolitan areas
Project leader: Jessica Berg, VTI
- Land value transfer as a model for financing public transport infrastructure in Sweden
Project leader: Lina Olsson, Malmö University
- Reinventing public transport in the future of Smart Mobility: Roles, strategies and forms of cooperation to public transport and split mobility should be developed and complement each other
Project leader: Claus Hedegaard-Sörensen, VTI
- “What you see is where you get”: How can traveler's decision-making be supported by a map-based interface based on geotemporal selection in multimodal travelers?
Project leader: Anders Lindström, VTI
- Bus on demand in Sweden? Potential assessment for demand-driven public transport and its implementation
Project leader: Fredrik Pettersson, Lund University
- Public transport and marketing communication: Experimental studies on the impact of multiple motives on travel choices on commuting
Project leader: Johan Jansson, LU
Decisions on completed project proposals are taken by K2's Board on October 9th.
The project sketches have been evaluated on the basis of scientific quality and relevance in relation to K2's research focus. The assessment has been carried out by K2's international advisors, K2 regional parties and the Swedish Transport Administration, as well as the K2 management team.